Tuesday, October 17, 2006

News Flash: Congress Sucks, Bush Does Too


  • There was more delicious irony in Bush's speech today. He was celebrating his legislative victory by offering his vision of how his administration will be judged. He projected that future generations would ask whether or not the correct steps were taken to defeat terror. Sadly and unintentionally he answered the question 10 seconds later when he took a cheap political shot at the Dems by reminding his audience of those in the minority who voted against the torture bill. I'm proud of anyone with the courage to vote against the bill. As I've said before, it's my opinion that the administration's hyper focus on politics is out of control and largely responsible for the disaster known as current American foreign relations.
  • If anyone's looking for a reason to vote for an otherwise uninspiring Democratic congressional candidate, check out Norman Ornstein's book, "The Broken Branch." It's basically about how screwed up and corrupt Congress has become. He's a regular on the Al Franken Show, and he's terrific.
  • Speaking of Air America, they're still chugging, despite going Bankrupt. On Monday, Franken spoke for the first time since the bad financial news went public. He was emotional and said he's committed to the eventual success of progressive talk radio. I don't fret the outcome of this particular venture. As far as I'm concerned, Progressives are too smart, myself not included, to get all their information from talk radio the way some GOPers do. We'll never have the Rush Limbaughs or Bill O'Reillys because....why would we want that drivel??? -- And I think Colbert and Stewart have covertly given Liberals an important voice in the public discourse.
  • The Curt Weldon stuff is unreal to me. Joe Sestak must be pinching himself! I'm typing this post literally 20 feet from Weldon campaign headquarters, and I'm happy to report it's almost empty. My hope is that his staff has simply decided to give up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home