Wednesday, October 25, 2006

George W. Bush -- Enough to Make Me Scream!


The Prez gave a press conference today and sounded the latest GOP election themes. He stated repeatedly that the election is about 2 things. (1) Who best to keep this country safe? and (2) Who best to keep taxes low? My thoughts are as follows:
  • Compared to 2004, the GOP's messaging machine is in disrepair. Is this all they have? Taxes? FREAKING Taxes? We're in a bitter and nasty war. Congress is pitiful. True job security and decent healthcare are dreams of the past. Now he's pulling out taxes. Un-freaking-believable.
  • I realize he's trying to rally his base with this Tax thing. Maybe it will work. Nobody likes taxes. I get that...especially in light of tragic stories of failed Government (note that this involved a private corp. hired by the city of Philadelphia). All the more reason to like what B. Obama had to say on Meet the Press regarding the out-dated debate about big gov. vs. small gov. How about efficient government?
  • The safety thing seems like a joke at this point. I mean really, what is the plan? Empty words. All this guy is, is empty words.
  • George Will, my favorite conservative, said it best of ABC's This Week. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said that if at the very least the House doesn't change hands --given the mood-- than the system is clearly broken. I agree. And, I'll add, I'll be checking out Canadian real estate.
  • At the end of the press conference, Bush expressed what can only be described as cockiness that the GOP will retain control. He's absolutely sure of it. It made my skin crawl. The guy is resolute, gotta give him that. I think he may be delusional. I sure hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home