Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Curt Weldon Is Calling All Democrats to Act Now!


My Republican friend (singular) recently received his 4th direct mail piece from Curt Weldon (PA-7). The GOP, as has been widely reported, clearly has their voter targeting machine in full force. Weldon's opponent, Joe Sestak, is more than holding his own.

After 2000, 2002 and 2004 I'm resisting the temptation to be overly hopeful about a Democratic tidal wave of sorts -- even in light of recent salacious bombshells. The reality is that, given the current climate, comparisons to the last 3 elections are pretty much useless. But the other reality is that the R's are going to pool their resources in the specific seats they know they can possibly hold and try to keep a slight edge. It's beyond possible that the GOP holds on by a seat in each chamber. That would, in my humble opinion, SUCK BIG TIME.

So this is a call to action, for me more than anyone who might be reading this. I'm going to call Sestak's people and volunteer all my time on October 21 and on Election Day. Anyone in the region that wants to join me, let me know. Let's get out there and make this optimism a reality!
--Jay B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home