Thursday, August 17, 2006

George Will is My Favorite Conservative

2 reasons why I'm very high on George Will right now:

1. He recently said that John Kerry's approach to fighting terror, as put forth in 2004, was the correct one. What makes this so ironic is how severly Kerry got blasted for his comments in 2004. He basically said that fighting terror requires, as much as anything else, a focus on prevention. I remember being really disheartened that Kerry took a hit for the what was clearly the smartest position on the biggest issue. I think it would inspire a lot of hope in Americans to be led by someone who thinks the terror fight doesn't require "wars" at all...literal or figurative.

2. I got a mass mail from the CATO institute yesterday. The letter's text was divided into sections by various George Will quotes. The tone of the letter (angry at outrageous spending) was just further indication that a significant portion of the conservative base is not motivated at all to support the status quo in the upcoming election. They probably won't vote 'D' -- but they're pissed and may just stay home. According to a story in today's Washington Post, the fellas at K Street already seem to be hedging their bets. All good news.

I gotta go now, I'm missing the Al Franken Show.
Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home